Saturday, January 10, 2015

It's Said That The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword...

The pen they say, is mightier than the sword. There will be some who dispute that but for me there is nothing outside of nature that's as powerful as the written word.
I'm appalled by the cold blooded murder of twelve social commentators at the Paris based satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo.
I believe in the freedom of speech and will always speak my mind.
Many have died in wars so you and I can.
And I know full well that we don't see things as they are, but as we are...










5 comments:

  1. Good blog thank you and good to honour those who died in Paris. Yes the pen........slower than the mouth and therefore maybe more trustworthy.....may we always be blessed with the freedom to express ourselves - so many don't have that simple thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you Keith for blogging a clever piece of protest against war, homing in on the recent Paris atrocity. Very thought provoking.
    Jennybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keith, wonderful to meet you at Uretiti this week...I was ignorant of this tragic unfolding until I caught up with the news at home. We don't see things as they are but as we are...I can't think of a higher, more practical truth...said another way...judge not by appearances but judge righteous judgement...not to be confused with self-righteousness.

    PS - thanks for the surfcasting tips...a perfect expression of peace & freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't have said it better, Keith. Je suis Charlie aussi.

    ReplyDelete