Monday, June 9, 2014

Guy Bucchi Creates Beautiful Pieces Of Art From Metal And New Zealand Timbers...
















Guy Bucchi makes beautiful handcrafted pieces of art that some inspired people call chairs and actually use them for sitting in.
Then there are beautiful tables and candlelabra, all made at his Matakohe studio.
His work has featured in many major design publications and has been exhibited in France, Italy, Australia and of course in New Zealand.
All his exquisite pieces are crafted using only hand tools which for him remain unequaled for their elegance and usefulness.
Guy was born in the South of France near Avignon and after a career that included sheetmetal working and psychiatric nursing, he began while living in Australia to pursue the art of furniture making.
His talent for this particular art became obvious and he and his New Zealand born wife Linda moved to their current location where he uses metal, local woods such as Swamp Kauri, Rimu and Manuka as well as leather, copper, rope, iron and glass to bring much pleasure to all who view or own his unique art.
There's more about him here.
Linda runs a Bed and Breakfast on their Northland property and as a lovely touch,
plants a Native Tree for each and every guest that stays there...










14 comments:

  1. I like the one best in the 5th picture down from the top. They are all nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lines, a splash of colour: my sort of painting; but You would need to keep everything white around them, no other shadows?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pastel background is the most effective and different shadows from the chair add interest

      Delete
  3. Just my style although wheels on some of them would be something I would add if I were to personalize them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your idea, I have designed chairs with wheels on but am yet to produce them.

      Delete
  4. My word I like some of those chairs .The first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dyna, the 1st chair "Bull chair" was made in 1995. It has been very popular.

      Delete
  5. I'm not usually a fan of modernism in furniture but these are whimsically wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, your comments are much appreciated

      Delete
  6. Impressive artistic creations, I know from experience this is not always easy to sell, so the B & B is essential

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jimu, yes they are very hard to sell, especially in NZ. I try to continue creating.

      Delete
  7. wonderful as objects of art but not for sitting, I stubbornly held on to my Herman Miller fiberglass chairs for decades, tho they were horribly painful to sit or even rock in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you would be surprised at how comfortable my chairs are. They even have elasticity in their back and sometimes in the seat. Physiotherapists find them comfortable.

    ReplyDelete